Wednesday 1 December 2010

Designing Flash Content for My Web Page

After completing task 4 and 5 I liked the idea of using a flash animation in my website but I did not want to use and of the flash banners I created in task 4 and 5.

So I decided to design and make a flash animation for the home page to show the recent work produced by the studio as I thought this might be a more interesting way to show case the studios work rather than just having the images placed on the page.    

The above photograph shows the sketches that I done when designing my flash animation.

I wanted to display about 3 images on the stage at a time and have them fade in over 30 frames (2 seconds) and then fade out over 30 (2 seconds) and repeat this to show a number of different images throughout the animation to show case the work of the studio in an interesting way.   

The below images show the images (at 100% alpha) that I used for my animation on the stage. I used the same green colour for the back ground of my stage as I did for the background of my container so that the banner blends into my design.
 
Frame 30
 Frame 90
 Frame 150
 Frame 210

I am really pleased with the flash animation that I have designed for my site. I took into consideration the timing for the animation as in previous tasks I said I felt like the animation was too fast so I used a lot more frames for this animation to make it slower.

But I really feel like this animation is an effective way of show casing the recent work produced by the studio.  


No comments:

Post a Comment